Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's About the Marriage, Not the Wedding

From the very beginning of our engagement, Ben and I talked about wanting the phrase "It's about the marriage, not the wedding" to guide our wedding planning efforts and give us perspective. We don't really need infusions of perspectives yet; we're incredibly excited both to get married and to be married. From what I hear, though, it's easy to lose perspective and get bogged down in the wedding-planning details.

Maybe because it's so relevant to my life right now, this struck me as one of the most touching PostSecrets I've ever read.


This is the front and back of a postcard that was posted on PostSecret this past weekend. The front reads "I work at a bridal salon. I pray for strangers' marriages while I steam their gowns." The reverse reads "I wish people would spend as much time on their marriages as they spend on their weddings."

I'd love to have the writer praying for our marriage while she steamed my dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment